Register
    Total Contributions For

-SK-     $ 0.00
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Default sv_use_steam_voice 0

Can we get this set on the servers? It reverts back to the old voice codec instead of the new, supposedly improved, SILK codec the Hatless Update brought upon us.

A few members have been complaining it broke HLSS/HLDJ, but I've also been talking to a few people that said it completely broke their mic in TF2, myself included. I cannot for the life of me get it to pick up anything other than maybe a few words or a laugh. Most of the time it's dead silence whenever I try to talk.

Maybe we can revert back until they fix some of the bugs with it?

Total Contributions For

Epics     $ 0.00

I don't mind that it breaks HLSS/HLDJ, I mean that shits annoying. Mics is odd, probably a default/steam setup problem. I had to update mine.

Total Contributions For

-SK-     $ 0.00

I normally agree on the HLSS/HLDJ stuff, just thought I'd pass along the complaints.

The mic thing is definitely not a setting or anything on my end. The mic works fine in every other non-new codec program and it worked perfectly fine in TF2/Steam until they changed things. If I hold they key down for a few seconds and wait before talking, I can get it half working (still only picks up every other word and even then it's a 50/50 shot). I think it has something to do with the dynamic bitrate system the codec uses, but I have no clue how to fix it and judging from the response at the Steam forums, no one else does either.

Total Contributions For

shadow     $ 0.00

So I'm guessing that this is the end of the almighty VOSK? I don't know how to feel because I have had good times and really freakin' annoyed times with him/her (wtf "it") I have to say it's a lot quieter around but I do miss the occasional "Far up your ass!"